Based on public health advice, the Tasmanian Government has just announced a 3-day snap lockdown for southern Tasmania, from 6:00pm Friday (15/10) for 3 days to 6:00pm Monday (18/10), subject to further health advice.
- The areas included are 12 Local Government Areas from the Tasmanian Midlands south, see the map on this webpage:
- No gatherings are permitted, including for worship. Only live-streaming of ceremonies and religious gatherings is allowed with a maximum three people present (one person to conduct and one to video and one to provide Auslan interpretation). For Uniting Church places planning live streaming that would reduce to 2 people when Auslan is not being used.
- Details of online Uniting Church worship options can be found on this webpage:
- Valid reasons for leaving home are limited. Facemasks must be worn outside your own home.
- More lockdown information is available online:
For further details, in the first instance stay tuned to information from the Tasmanian Government including updated details provided on the websites above.