Resourcing for Ministry
The Presbytery has funding available for ministry in
- new and innovative ways of being church
- education and training,
- children, youth, young adult and family ministry and
- Heritage property
Grants up to $500 are available through the Go Grant Application and Evaluation form (PDF 392 KB).
For larger projects please contact the office for assistance.
Criteria for Grants are available in the Presbytery Grant Policy (PDF 278KB).
Mission and Service Fund Commitment
Every year congregations are asked to contribute to the work of the UCA in Victoria and Tasmania through the Mission and Service Fund. Your commitment is appreciated. Mission and Service Contribution Form (PDF 206KB)
Placement Profile and Terms of Placement (see also the Synod Placements Committee):
- Placement Profile Form
- Terms of Placement Form
- Summary of Ministry Provisions and Charges 2020
- UCA Handbook of Ministerial Provisions and Charges 2019
- UCA Manse Guidelines 2001
Is your congregation looking for a new minister? Please follow this up with Presbytery Pastoral Relations Committee Secretary Alison Claridge
Continuing education for ministry workers:
Ministry supervision is required of all ministers in active ministry:
- Professional supervision of ministry – information for ministry workers
- Supervision Covenant template
Visiting preachers, speakers and worship leaders
Church Council is reponsible for oversight of worship, including who leads worship, and following relevant church policies to provide safe environments for all. Presbytery policy on visiting preachers, speakers and worship leaders assists local leaders to engage people are not accredited Uniting Church preachers or worship leaders.
- POLICY No 11 on Visiting preachers, speakers and worship leaders
- Agreement for visiting preachers – Word template
Please contact the Presbytery Pastoral Relations Committee Secretary Alison Claridge for information about supply ministry.
Manse Inspection – 6 Monthly
Presbytery of Tasmania Manses Policy August 2018
Manse Inspection Form Presbytery of Tas
Supply Arrangements Tasmania April 2018
Composition of Presbytery Committees Policy Revised Aug 2018
Gatherings and Meetings Policy Revised August 2018
Driving Policy Revised Aug 2018
Is your congregation looking at ways that UCA property can be used for mission development?
Please email Lucia Fitzgerald Synod Property and Development Manager.
- Hirer Agreement 2021 for Tasmania (non exclusive use of church hall / property)
- Residential Tenancy Agreement for Tasmania (rent/lease of manse / house)
- Form 1 – Getting Started
- Form 2A – Discerning and Deciding
- Form 2B – Project Business Case
- Form 3A – Application for Allocation of Property Sale Proceeds
- Form 3D – Application for IOMF
- Form 3ER – Residential Application to Lease
- Form 3EC – Commercial Application to Lease
- Form 3F Application to Sell
- Form-3G-Application to Purchase
- Form 3H Application to Build
The forms above are also available on the Synod webpage https://victas.uca.org.au/resources/property/forms-and-resources/
Property Building Projects
- Contractor and Consultant Safety Obligations – Vers July 2020 Final
- Equitable Access – Vers July 2020 Final
- Early Contractor Involvement – Vers July 2020 Final
- Essential Safety Measures – Vers July 2020 Final
- Template – Responsible Body Purchase Order – TAS
- Planning A Building Project – Vers July 2020 Final
- Safe Buildings for Mission – Vers July 2020 Final