This year we have been unable to gather and share in a common learning opportunity face to face in Refresh (planned for May 2020). An alternative learning opportunity is to engage in a series of video inputs around the gospel of Matthew that Uniting Church minister and biblical scholar Bill Loader has generously pulled together and shared with the wider church.
A couple of years ago Bill was in the Presbytery sharing with both Lay Leaders and Ministers for our learning opportunities. Bill is down to earth, and yet a world contributor to New Testament scholarship. His insights and thinking are invaluable for us as we engage with the Scriptures and stories of our faith.
We would like to encourage you to engage with the four sessions of input on video and gather however you might – either over the phone, soon in small groups of people, or online video/teleconferencing ways and share your insights together. Use these questions to be the basis of your conversations
- what was new for you?
- what was challenging?
- what did you connect with?Links to the video input can be found by going to Vimeo and in the search bar type in Light and Shade in Matthew.You might like to share with us the insights you gain from this learning activity. Email us or send a message through the Presbytery’s Facebook page – UCA Tasmania: https://www.facebook.com/ucatas/Presbytery’s strategic focus: to help congregations and faith communities to thrive, and to utilise their resources well for mission.If you would like Denise to listen and share around leadership formation, contact Denise 0 427 647 395 or email@example.com.
- Denise Savage, Presbytery Minister for Leadership Formation
- I wonder what this opportunity will bring for you in your faith journey. . . . .
- This web address https://vimeo.com/418850260 will take you to where you can see all four videos listed.
- We can help each other to learn and grow in our understanding of who God is, our experience of God in our life and let or expression of faith continue to make a difference in the world in which we live. There is a curiosity in the world around us about who God and how we connect with God. Let this learning opportunity be a way of building your sense of that in this day and age.